A video demonstration of Atlassian Confluence as a documentation alternative to Microsoft Word, SharePoint and OneNote.
For those not familiar, Confluence is a Wiki platform ideally suited for documenting technical topics. It offers "just-enough" editing capability on a page to deliver attractive, readable content. It is simple and efficient to author and organize content.
Key benefits of the software:
- Highly usable and simple to learn authoring environment
- Hierarchical organization into spaces and pages
- Heads-Up page authoring
- Plugin capabilities for diagrams, visuals
- Integration with JIRA task management
- Active-directory (AD) integration with configurable permissions
- Content stored in Microsoft SQL Server
- Inexpensive licenses for smaller workgroups
In the video below, the author demonstrates Confluence using the personal wiki he's revised over the past decade.
Visit the vendors site for additional information about Atlassian Confluence.